Friday, July 16, 2010

Trip booked!

This is getting real now. No changing my mind - I am going to India in October.

My eight pages of travel itinerary tell me that I am going to have an interesting trip. At this point I am completely naive. I'll give you that.

I love those little heated hand towels during the flights.
Thank you Mr. cab driver for the fast, cheap drive to my hotel room.
Room service for moi? Why, thank you sir.

I realize that I am in for a whallop of an wake up call when I leave for India. But a girl can dream no? Can't blame a girl for hoping.
People are saying that India is a magical country. It changes people for the better. It is a spiritual journey. For this I am so excited and grateful for the experience.

Someone who had traveled to the same hotel that I booked in Mumbai sent me an email the other day. "Bring the RAID".
Right. Check.
Another friend, "don't eat meat, dairy, fresh fruits, salad, eggs, or drink any water unless it's in a bottle".
Lose weight. Check.

Next up-packing...how do I fit my medicine cabinet into my backpack again? How many tablets of immodium can I bring into the country legally?

Not looking forward to the day when reality hits and I realize that I am leaving my kids for 4 weeks. Gulp. Until then, I'll just keep stressing about bugs and diarrhea.

No comments:

Post a Comment