Friday, September 3, 2010

Emergency - Parent Preparedness Plan

I wasn’t expecting to have my stomach in knots a month before departure. But I’m in the early stages of being a total wreck. Already, I’m panicking about leaving the kids for a whole month, already I wonder who will possibly think of all of the things that usually only I think about? These are important things!!

Who will remind my youngest to go #2 everyday?
Who will make sure to separate the ‘delicates’ in the laundry?
Who will remember to send a note to the teacher when there is a problem with one of the kids? Better yet, who will spot those problems before they are problems?
How will life possibly go on without me?

Sheesh, sounds like I’m leaving the kids in a box in the backyard or something. I’m leaving them their father for goodness sakes. They will be fine right? Yes, they will be fine.

BUT just in case...to make it ‘easier’ on him, I’ll do up a list of things not to forget. I’ll put together a daily schedule. That will be helpful right?
I am going to put together a daily schedule, pulling in family and friends, each taking on a task –

Day 2 grandma picking up Kid #2 at 4:30pm taking little guy to hockey practice

Day 3 auntie picking up Kid # 1 at school taking him for his allergy shots

Day 4 Neighbour taking both Kid # 1 and 2 to grandma who will feed them, then call auntie to pick # 1 for karate and dropping off # 2 at friends house for school project which will be dropped off at school by said friend’s mom for Kid #2, while bringing #1 to Dairy Queen, where grandpa will pick him up after work and bring home to daddy.

Currently on page 12 of schedule development.
I hope he appreciates this. He would do that for me if he went away on a long business trip right?
Yes, he would make me a list.

"Oct 31 - 6pm - arrival at airport."

No comments:

Post a Comment