Saturday, September 25, 2010

Where the rubber hits the road.

I've said from the beginning that I refused to feel guilty for taking on this personal journey. This is proving to be more difficult than I thought. Actually, it's proving down right impossible.
I think it's important to be honest, especially for this experience to be fully embodied -- good or bad. It will change me as a person, for that I'm sure (and I've been told many times). In the spirit of honesty, I reflect on this heavy feeling of guilt that I have been pretending not to carry with me.

My own guilty conscience is getting the better of me, it feels tremendously heavy.

When I first told friends and family about this trip, the first question was 'What does their father think about that?'

It's true. I am asking alot. Four weeks to care for the kids is a long time.

But...but what?
I don't know, I guess I just have to trust that what I'm doing is o.k., for me , and for everyone counting on me.

Nuff for now, gotta start packing.

1 comment:

  1. Its natural to feel anxious before embarking on such a journey ... especially when you're doing it alone. I'm sure it'll be fine and a beautiful experience. Just enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete