Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Procrasti-Nation

You may delay, but time will not.  ~Benjamin Franklin

So with only 14 days left, why am I still no where near ready to start thinking about packing? Is this part of the process? Am I purposely not getting ready?

The entire family, myself included, is acting as though my trip were months away. Really, guys -- 14 days, 13 sleeps, 4 hockey games, and 2 weekends.

Kid #1 gave my name to be a volunteer for a hockey team activity that's happening on...Oct. 11th.
Daddy says he'll get me his work schedule for October in a couple of weeks for me to plan for backup.
I have yet to make up a list of things to purchase for the trip.

But I was SO excited! I started this blog in July for goodness sakes.

Alas, the family is in procrastinating mode, perpetually delaying the preparation involved in seeing mommy take off for 4 weeks!

Denial feels great, until you realize it's denial.

No comments:

Post a Comment