Saturday, October 30, 2010

The point of it all

I'm sitting here at the Heathrow airport in London on my 50 hour journey home. Really, all in all it will have taken a total of 50 hours to get to the Ottawa airport. Regardless of the fact that I have no idea what day of the week it is, I am sitting here with a smile of my face.

Although at times the trip was difficult, I return home with fond memories and life lessons.

This trip has certainly made me appreciate my life and family. I feel so incredibly fortunate.

I didn't come here to find myself, I'm too old for that. I think I'm getting to a point already where I trust my values, my decisions, my experiences, and the people that I chose to surround myself with. But I did find something here in India. I found a world, where the people and places within it now seem less distant from me. Not sure if that even makes sense.  In a weird way, I feel more connected now to the world -- to the different cultures, music, art, traditions. I tasted life outside of my bubble. It tasted sweet.
I made human connections with people that I only dared dream about, those who I saw only in movies, or read about in books. Now, I have real names, human stories, and new friends.

It was awesome. But next time, I want to share this experience with my family. It's too precious of an experience to keep all to myself.

I will log in again in a few days to wrap up. Once I know which way is up again. Once I pry the little arms from around my waist...but I want to bask in that first.

No comments:

Post a Comment