Thursday, October 7, 2010

The trek

Finally here in Mumbai! Seems surreal.
My trek over took 2 days, 19 hours of flying, 6 advil sinus tablets, 3 hours of sleep, to get here. But I'm here, safely tucked into my hotel room.

I came in at midnight last night, so I wasn't expecting to report much, but apparently for the people in India, there is no sleep, because there must have been 1 000 people waiting outside the terminal -- 1000 people and a wall of thick heat and humidity. No one can prepare you for this kind of heat. It should be interesting today.

Last night my purpose was to get some sleep, and thanks to the beauty of pre-packaged melatonin, I finally did. Now this morning I wake up on Mumbai time -- and it's time for Mumbai!

So here starts the adventure, I shall pretend that I don't feel the heaviness of jet lag, hunger, sleepiness, and a soar throat , for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment